Name: Paula Wooton
Hello! I’m one of the original members of the forum which was started in 2007. My son has autism & epilepsy, he attended special schools from reception age, all the way to the end of 6th form, and he now attends a mainstream college course, with support. I was Chair of Governors at special school for almost 14 years.
My job in the Sunderland Parent Carer Forum is all things admin! That includes
- organising meetings, coffee mornings, large scale events such as our information days.
- booking venues, food, refeshments and booking links.
- Dealing with any correspondence, looking after social media and the website, and being the first point of contact for anyone ringing the SPCF.
- I also design leaflets, banners and other merchandise and look after the ordering of these.
- looking after the membership details
- and I’m sure I’ve forgotten something!
As well as all that, I am also invloved in attending meetings around SEND, CAMHS, Early Years; this involves working with Sunderland Carers Centre, Together For Children Sunderland, Sunderland CCG, NHS England and many more!
In between my caring role and my SPCF role, I do still find time for ‘me time’, very important for every carer! This might be something as simple as watching a fave TV programme, colouring in or crochet/knitting, or reading a good book.